Ben N. Ogle was born 20 Jun 1918 in Trinidad, Colorado and died 27 Apr 1991 in San Bernardino, California. He was the only son of William M. Ogle & Margaret McDougal. His parents separated early in his life and when he moved to California with his mother around 1920 or 1921, his father stayed behind in Colorado where he was a physician for the Colorado Fuel and Iron Company.
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania,
Department of Health,
Bureau of Vital Statistics
Certificate of Death
County of Philadelphia,
City of Philadelphia
File No. 97206
Registered No. 21061
No. 1309 Brighton St.; 35 Ward
Full Name: Lucy H. Moore
3. Sex: Female
4. Color or Race: White
5. Single, Married, Widowed or Divorced: Widow
6. Date of Birth: Feb 27 1848
7. Age: 84 yrs
8. Occupation: Housework
9. Birthplace: Delaware City
10. Name of Father: Benjamin Ogle
11. Birthplace of Father: Delaware City
12. Maiden Name of Mother: Clara Mathues [? name was Matthews]
13. Birthplace of Mother: Delaware City
14. Informant: Benjamin Moore, 1309 Brighton
16. Date of Death: Nov 2 1932
[signed] Joseph A. Turned, M.D., 911 N. 4 St.
19. Place of Burial: North Cedar Hill, Nov 7th 1932
20. Undertaker: R. Horsch, 1128 N 3rd St.
Original Source Citation: Pennsylvania, Department of Health, death certificate 97206 (1932), Lucy H. Moore; Division of Vital Records, New Castle.
Ages are approximate for most of those listed. I am missing at least three names. Except for the Todds whom I have a good handle on, there may be some listed who passed before 1911, so I may be missing more than three. (edited 16 Jul 2013. I found Lucy’s other three grandchildren (the Coulters) and have added them to the bottom of the list.)
I only count twenty-one children in the photo. I’m not sure that I see any older teens, so Frank and John Todd may be two of the ones missing from the photograph. Or maybe the headline is wrong and there were only twenty-one present.
Perhaps there are some Moore cousins out there who can fill in the blanks.