Anna May Funston (30 January 1876 – 21 March 1928)
- 30 January 1876 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States1,2
- 19 June 1895 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States to Joseph Elon Carman1
- 21 March 1928 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States2
- Joseph Funston (1849 – 1921)1,2
May Whitaker (abt1852 – 1886)2
- Joseph Elon Carman (6 Apr 1872 – 3 Nov 1956)
- Kathryn Carman, Joseph Elon Carman, Jr., Florence M. Carman, Naomi Evelyn Carman, Jacob Carman, Robert Carman, Anna May Carman, Alice Ellen Carman.
Anna May Funston is a descendant of Joseph Funston & Frances Miller.
Anna May Funston was born on 30 Jan 1876 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States.1,2 Her parents were Joseph Funston1,2 and May Whitaker. She lived her entire life in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She lived with her parents at 2034 Amber street on 1 Jun 1880.3
Anna May Funston and Joseph Elon Carman, son of Elon Carman and Catherine Hornef, were married on 19 Jun 1895 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States.1
She lived at 1649 Eyre street with her husband and his parents on 1 Jun 1900.4 She and her husband and children lived at 2762 Martha Street on 15 Apr 19105 and at 3859 Coral Street on 1 Jan 1920.6 On 1 Jan 1920 she was working in a Cloth Mill.8
Anna died on 21 Mar 1928 at the age of 52 in Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States.2,7 At the time of her death, she lived at 715 E. Ontario Street.7 She was buried on 24 Mar 1928 in New Glenwood Cemetery in Broomall, Delaware, Pennsylvania, United States.2,7,8
Last updated: 30 November 2014
- Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania, marriage license no. 77493 (1895), Joseph Elon Carman & Annie May Funston; Clerk of the Orphan’s Court, City Hall, Philadelphia.
- Pennsylvania, Department of Health, death certificate 22204 (1928), Anna M. Carman; Division of Vital Records, New Castle.
- 1880 U.S. Census, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania, population schedule, Ward 31, Philadelphia, enumeration district (ED) 665, p. 9, dwelling 69, family 73, Joseph Fonson; digital images, FamilySearch.org (https://familysearch.org/search/collection/1417683 : accessed 25 June 2011).
- 1900 U.S. Census, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania, population schedule, Ward 18 Philadelphia, enumeration district (ED) 351, Sheet 2A, dwelling 26, family 26, Elon Carmen; digital images, FamilySearch.org (https://familysearch.org/search/collection/1325221 : accessed 12 June 2014)
- 1910 U.S. Census, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania, population schedule, Ward 25 Philadelphia, enumeration district (ED) 551, sheet 13A-B, dwelling 251, family 244, Joseph Elon Carman; digital images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/search/collection/1727033 : accessed 17 November 2013).
- 1920 U.S. Census, Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania, population schedule, 45 Ward, Philadelphia, enumeration district (ED) 1706, sheet 4B, dwelling 82, family 84, Joseph Carman; digital images, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/search/collection/1488411 : accessed 17 November 2013).
- “Carman, Annie May obituary,” The Philadelphia Inquirer, 23 March 1928, p. 28. “CARMAN– March 21. ANNIE MAY, wife of Joseph Carman. Relatives and friends, also Ongwe-Honwee Council No. 183, D of P.[Degree of Pocahontas], and Temple Lodge, No. 8, S. of B., invited to funeral services, Sat., 1 P.M. at her late residence, 715 E. Ontario st. Int. New Glenwood Cem. Friends call Friday eve.”
- Historical Society of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania), Delaware County: Broomall: Glenwood Cemetery register, Lot 252 – J, graves 2-3, Joseph E. Carman, Anna M. Carman & Robert M. Carman; digital images, Ancestry.com. Pennsylvania, Historic Church and Town Records, 1708-1985 (http://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=2451 : accessed 6 August 2014).